The Christian Leadership major focuses on the administrative issues and special training required for effective leadership in ministry environments. It emphasizes biblical, theological, and pastoral leadership training.
Every student completing the Christian Leadership program will be able to:
- Assess leadership models used within organizations and the impact those models have on the development of organizations.
- Communicate, in writing, biblical and theological academic research that addresses concerns within the community of faith.
- Interpret Scripture using Grammatical-Historical exegesis.
- Formulate a personal, philosophy of leadership consistent with the biblical worldview and apply this to his or her own leadership within contemporary society.
- Demonstrate basic competencies for leading as a ministry associate who is sensitive to various populations
BIBLICAL LEADERSHIP CORE CURRICULUM
BIBL 3000-4000 Upper Division New Testament
BIBL 3000-4000 Upper Division Old Testament
HIST 3113 Church History I
HIST 3123 Church History II
HIST 3133 Pentecostal History
ICST 2803 Comparative Religions
PMIN 3913 Biblical Discipleship
THEO 4013 Christ, Culture and the Church-Capstone
WITH PRACTICAL MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT
BUSN 3343 Principles of Servant Leadership
BUSN 3413 Organizational Communication
BUSN 4513 Decision Making and Problem Solving
MGMT 3213 Principles of Management
MGMT 3413 Organizational Behavior
NPAD 4213 Leadership for Nonprofit Organizations
PMIN 3513 Legal Issues in Ministry
PMIN 4013 Leadership for the 21st Century
PMIN 4233 Church Administration or CHED 4033 Leadership for Christian Ed.
PMIN 4413 Strategic Planning
PSYC 2003 Effective Learning Strategies
SOCL 4403 Conflict Management and Resolution
This major equips the student with the tools necessary to minister successfully in the twenty-first
century. It accents the development of personal character and human relational skills. This degree
also prepares the student for graduate studies.
To Speak with an Admissions Representative, call: