Admission to Southwestern Christian University is based upon academic achievement, a demonstrated aptitude for college level work and personal Christian character, and your personal skill in arts, athletics, or your contributions to the world around you.
First-Time Freshman (Traditional and Adult Studies)
Applicants who have completed less than 12 hours of college credit are considered first-time freshman. Applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
Admission is based on meeting 2 of the 3 following criteria:
- An ACT composite score of at least 19 or SAT of at least 900 (CR + M)
- Unweighted high school GPA of at least 2.0
- Class rank in the upper half
If you do not meet Standard Admission requirements, you may be considered for conditional or probationary acceptance.
High school juniors and seniors who meet certain entrance criteria may enroll in 4 credit hours per semester at a discounted rate. Applicants interested in concurrent enrollment must submit the following:
Applicants with prior college credit are considered transfer students. Applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- A Completed Application
- Official transcripts from all schools attended.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0
- Applicants with less than 12 hours of college credit will be subject to meet the entrance requirements of a "First-Time Freshman."
Southwestern Christian University has a rolling admission policy. Once all required credentials have been received, the SCU Office of Admissions will notify the applicant by e-mail, mail and/or by phone.
Admission's Requirements are subject to Change.