International Students - Freshmen Status
Applicants who are not US residents or have legal alien (green card) status are considered international students.
Required Documentation for Admission:
1) A Completed Application for admission (completed in English)
2) English Language Requirements:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of a minimum of 57% of the total score for students from non English speaking countries.
- TOEFL 68 internet based test
- TOEFL 520 paper based test
3) Academic Requirements:
- Official High School transcript (transcripts must be translated professionally into the English language, prior to submission)
* College transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a similar service (at applicant's cost) for credits to transfer and for GPA to apply)
4) Financial Documentation:
5) Submit a copy of your passport identification page
6) Processing Fee:
- A processing fee of $200 MUST be paid to the Business Office at 1(405)789-7661 before I-20 package is issued.
Additional Documentation (NOT required for Admission):
- ACT composite score of 19
- SAT score of 900 (Critical Reading + Math)
- Recommendation letters
- Personal essays
The Statement of Educational Purpose Essay requirements can be found in the attachment.
International Student Statement of Purpose Essay.doc
*ACT/SAT scores may qualify applicants for academic scholarships.
*All documents should be submitted to International Student Liaison, Jessie Burpo at Jessie.Burpo@swcu.edu.
SCU will send an I-20 to the international applicant upon acceptance. Contact the University at 1(888)418-9272 or email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding your status.