Throughout it's history, SCU has sought to serve the kingdom of God by offering educational programs to Christians of various denominational backgrounds. The university has urged Christian ecumenicity in a commitment to the basic doctrines of historic Christianity. At the same time SCU feels it has a theological contribution and educational ministry that is unique to the heritage of its sponsoring denomination, the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- That all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- It is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission.