Southwestern Christian University
Position Title: Assistant Registrar
Department: Office of Registrar
Accountable/Reports To: Registrar
- Bachelor’s degree with prior experience working in a college or university registrar’s office preferred
- Previous experience working directly with the configuration and reporting tools of information system preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to established deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly productive, active, and detail oriented environment.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- The ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be willing to align with the SCU lifestyle covenant.
- Must be willing to provide excellent customer service to internal and external constituents and students.
- Assists the Registrar with all responsibilities of the Office of the Registrar.
- Works collaboratively with the Registrar, Administrators, and Faculty to oversee student enrollment, configuration, and setting within the student information system (SIS) and portals.
- Promotes to the mission of the Office of the Registrar and the University.
- Acts as the first contact for students needs in the Office of the Registrar.
- Assists in all functions of the Office of the Registrar as directed by the Registrar.
- Supports the functions of the Academic Affairs department which includes the Office of the Registrar.
- Makes recommendations to the Registrar for processes and procedures in the Office of the Registrar that will facilitate improved customer service.
- Oversees the daily activities and training of student worker staff, although student workers officially report to the Registrar.
- Oversees the processing of transcript requests including NAIA eligibility center uploads.
- Maintains transcript ordering service website and relationship (currently serviced through the National Student Clearinghouse)
- Under the supervision of the Registrar, assesses transfer credits in conjunction with the appropriate catalog and applies transfer credit equivalencies to SCU degree audits according to established policies and under the direction of the Registrar.
- Maintains and oversees student records filing system in accordance with FERPA.
- Serves on institutional committees as approved or as directed by the Registrar.
Southwestern Christian University reserves the right to alter this position's job description/job duties to meet the needs and goals of the institution.
Closing Date of Search: Until the position is filled.
PO Box 340
Bethany, OK 73008
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Accreditation and Affiliation
Southwestern Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and affiliated with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.
To be considered as a candidate, the applicant must submit the following documents and information:
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references
- Brief statement of your Christian commitment and journey of faith
Southwestern Christian University complies with federal and state guidelines for non-discrimination in employment.
Click here to download posting.
Posted on Mon, September 10, 2018
by Matt Stephens