Welcome to the SCU Center for Academic and Professional Success (CAPS).
It is our mission to offer key strategies and services to provide the right types of assistance as it is needed. CAPS offers guidance in areas of learning styles, study skills and career paths. Through Tutor U, tutors are available for Math, Writing, Business, Old Testament and New Testament classes. CAPS has state of the art computer lab for students to achieve academic success. The computer lab is available for independent studying, group study sessions, and professor driven study sessions. Throughout each semester there are mini workshops available that address behavioral styles, learning styles and strategies in study/learning skills.
- Proactively provide academic assistance to students to help ensure future academic success.
- Promote development of learning strategies and study habits that facilitate understanding and mastery of specific course content.
- Provide individual and group faculty and peer instruction, tutoring, and mentoring to promote development of critical thinking and other essential skills.
- Foster development of test-taking, math, and writing skills to increase student confidence and success.
- Offer mentoring and career planning services to facilitate student identification of academic and professional goals, professional role transitions, and career advancement.
- Offer services to foster a balance between personal and professional goals, successfully manage academic and professional stressors, and facilitate personal and professional growth
CAPS HOURS OF OPERATION DURING SEMESTER
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday-Wednesday: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday-Friday: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
Please contact CAPS if you want to schedule a time to meet with a tutor.
Stephen Davis - Director of CAPS/Office of Disability Services
Phone: 405-789-7661 x2293