With the permission of the Provost & Vice-President for Academic Affairs Affairs, Faculty
members may enroll in a maximum of six (6) hours of work in scheduled SCU courses.
The faculty member may enroll on a space available basis, only. The cost of these
courses will be scholarshipped by the University as part of the faculty development
The university has in the past assisted eligible faculty members through a tuition
abatement program. Following a directive from the Board of Regents, this facility is no
longer available effective May, 2010. SCU is committed to continue providing assistance
to those who were approved prior to May 2010, within the following parameters:
1. The tuition abatement program continues to be subject to the availability of
2. SCU agrees to pay tuition and fees for all courses with a grade of B or better.
3. The University agrees to employ the faculty member for the duration of his or
her program as long as there are no professional, moral or contractual issues
that make the faculty member ineligible as an employee or place him or her in
contradiction with the Lifestyle Covenant. This program does not imply the
conferring of tenure upon a faculty member.
4. Upon completion of the degree, the debt will be forgiven at the following rate:
25% after one year,
50% after two years,
75% after three years
100% after four years.
5. If the employee leaves before the four-year time frame is complete, he or she
will be responsible for repaying the appropriate amount to the University.
Policy Revised: Fall 2014