Full-time Faculty, Department of Business
POSITION TITLE: Full-time Faculty, Department of Business
POSITION: Southwestern Christian University is seeking to fill a position of full-time business faculty. Candidates with a background in business are encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately. Preferences will be given to those who hold a terminal degree and whose background and experience match with the instructional needs, mission, and vision of the university. Position is nine‑month with flexible summer appointment. Some travel as well as weekend work may be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Faculty support the department collaboration of academic courses and assessment, foster student relationships, recruitment of students, and advising. The successful applicant will be expected to develop course syllabi and course materials that reflect the university’s accredited course descriptions and competencies as outlined by Southwestern Christian University, the state of Oklahoma, and Higher Learning Commission. Applicants should be committed to student success and using varied teaching techniques to engage students and provide them with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve the learning outcomes for courses taught. The teaching load is twelve credit hours each semester.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining office hours consistent with SCU policy
- Submitting required documents and records in a timely manner
- Develop course syllabi, goals, objectives, and expectations
- Teach in a variety of delivery formats such as face-to-face, online, and hybrid
- Advise students related to their enrollment and student success
- Conduct research and scholarly publication
- Actively contribute to university committees, department meetings, and campus activities
- Provide constructive feedback for student work, academic and professional development, and departmental curriculum review/development;
- Participate in professional development, including attending staff development trainings, workshops, seminars, and local, state, and national conferences
- Develop and maintaining key relationships with affiliating institutions and agencies; and
- Support processes that increase the representation of diversity within the student body and departmental personnel
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have proven business experience and have an earned Ph.D. or terminal degree relating to business from an accredited institution. Experience in teaching in higher education is preferred as well as experience using online learning tools and experience with working with adult students and professionals in this field. Applicants must also have a record of significant accomplishments in research; committed Christian who honors Pentecostalism and the Wesleyan Holiness tradition and who is supportive of the educational mission of the University and its heritage. The successful candidate will be an energetic person with the personnel management skills to contribute toward the SCU mission with sensitivity to and competence with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Southwestern Christian University reserves the right to alter this position's job description/job duties to meet the needs and goals of the institution.
Closing Date of Search
On or before August 12, 2017 or until the position is filled.
PO Box 340
Bethany, OK 73008
Salary is dependent on education and experience and based upon the established faculty salary schedule.
To be considered as a candidate, the applicant must submit the following documents and information:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae and, if available, a teaching portfolio
- Unofficial Transcripts (if selected for the position, official transcripts will be required)
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references
- Statement of your understanding of the relationship between the integration of Christian faith and your discipline of study
- Brief statement of personal faith journey and church involvements
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Accreditation and Affiliation
Southwestern Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and affiliated with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.
Southwestern Christian University complies with federal and state guidelines for non-discrimination in employment.
Click here to download job posting.
Posted on Thu, July 26, 2018
by Matt Stephens