Graduation Requirements for Undergraduates
A student who plans to graduate from Southwestern Christian University with a bachelor degree must fulfill all applicable course requirements for the chosen academic program and the following requirements:
- Complete a Graduation application form filed with the Office of the Registrar.
- Have minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA), and a minimum 2.50 CGPA for course work in the major.
- Have a minimum of 45 semester credit hours of upper division courses for both BA and BS degrees and 40 semester credit hours of upper division courses for the BBA degree. Sixty percent of courses in the major must be upper division.
- Complete of all curriculum requirements as outlined in the catalog under which the student declared the major or degree program at SCU.
- Have a minimum of 60 credit hours from bachelor degree-granting institutions.
- Have earned at least 30 semester credit hours of course work at SCU (aka "in residence") for bachelor degrees or 15 semester credit hours of resident work for an associate degree. A student who has completed 30-64 semester credit hours in residence at SCU must complete 15 of the final 30 credit hours in residence.
- The final term of course work must reflect at least a 2.0 term GPA.