The Institutional Advancement and Planning Committee shall be composed of a chairman from
the Executive Committee, President of the University, and five (5) members appointed by the
Chairman of the Board of Regents. Any member of the Institutional Advancement and Planning
Committee may be removed by the Board of Regents or the Executive Committee by the
affirmative vote of the majority of the entire Board or Committee, as the case may be, whenever
in its judgment the best interests of the Corporation will be served thereby.
Powers and Duties
1. The Institutional Advancement and Planning Committee, in cooperation with the President,
shall be responsible for recommending policy for the development of the University and for
the evaluation of the program and progress in achieving the institution’s objectives.
2. It shall review the recommendations of the President as they may have been prepared
through the University administration, the Corporation’s activities in planning and
implementing financial campaigns, the development of an endowment program, oversight
over wills and bequests, establishment and improvement of an alumni association, and the
public relations of the Corporation.
3. It shall assist in the establishment of programs and policies which will provide the
necessary funds for institutional growth and provide proper relations with the various
publics of the University.
4. At least once each year, or more often if necessary, the Committee shall inspect the
grounds, buildings, equipment, and property of the Corporation, and report their condition
to the Board of Regents, making such recommendations, including recommendations as to
expenditures, as this Committee should deem proper.
5. It shall assist the President of the University in the planning of capital improvements and
develop proposals regarding campus expansion and new facilities.
6. It shall review the University’s strategic planning endeavors and recommend to the Board
of Regents the institution’s planning documents.
7. The provisions of Bylaw 4.02 with respect to vacancies, meeting, quorum, voting,
procedure, and action without meeting shall be applicable to the Institutional Advancement
and Planning Committee.
Policy Revised: Fall 2014