The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is a Southwestern Christian University administrative service and support unit, incorporating Institutional Research, Assessment, Planning, Accreditation, and Compliance, operating under the supervision of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and aligned under the VPPA. Its primary purpose is to facilitate the collection, analysis, and interpretation of institutional data and the provision of information to support planning and decision making. Demonstrated through:
- Provision of commonly used data in an easily accessible form
- Collection and dissemination of focused resources intended to enrich our collective understanding of effective processes and methods.
- Reflection and facilitation of OIE's purpose; i.e., supporting evidence-based planning, decision-making and improvement through a comprehensive program of assessment and institutional research.
Data Review Process
- Institutional Review and Assessment Committee (IRAC) determines needed data, policy, or data information requests can be made by different parties.
- Data is retrieved from SIS or other sources then compiled and formatted into coherent report by OIE employees.
- Committee reviews and analyzes data reports if required.
- Committee formally recommends decisions or changes in writing if required.
- Findings and recommendations are disseminated to the appropriate department(s), chair(s), president's cabinet, and/or appropriate parties.
- If appropriate data report will be added to the website for public viewing.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) Process
- Faculty, Staff, or Student presents Request to Conduct Research documents to the Dean.
- The Dean reviews and presents Request to Conduct Research documents to committee.
- Committee approves, denies, or makes addendum to request.
- Requester is contacted by the Dean of approval/denial/addendum.
- Request of Research is signed by the Dean and Chair of IRAC Committee.
- The Dean or IRAC Chair follows up with requester on the status of research.
- Once research is complete, data is collected and archived with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
To be recognized for providing outstanding resources that support integrative planning and evidence-based decision-making To ensure high standards of accountability necessary for research, and to maximize institutional effectiveness.
Projects and Involvements
- Institutional Research
- Institutional Data
- Organizational Chart
- Quick Facts
- Common Data Set
- Fact Book
- Data Reports
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Review
- NSSE Survey
- FSSE Survey
- Retention Rates
- Admission Rates
- Graduate Survey
- Alumni Survey
- Graduate Students
- Strategic Plan
- University Student Learning Outcomes Plan
- Facilities Master Plan
- Technology Plan
- Co-Curricular Plan
- Title I
- Title II
- Title IV
- Title IX
- Procurement and Auxiliary Services
- Safety and Security
- Administrative Units
- Administrative Calendar
- Staff Directory
- Compliance Hotline