The Investment Committee shall consist of the Chairman of the Business and Finance
Committee, the President of the University, and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
Two (2) additional members shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Regents.
Powers and Duties
1. The Investment Committee shall have the power to buy, sell, change or exchange any
stocks, bonds, or securities now held by or to become property of the University, to pledge
any such as security for a loan to the University, and/or to invest funds of the University
not needed for immediate operation or funds held for restricted purposes.
2. Use such brokers, banks or other agencies as they deem advisable or necessary to achieve
the objectives of the University.
3. Accept or reject, as their judgment indicates, all non-cash gifts proffered to the University
including stocks, bonds, real estate or partial interests therein. If proffered gifts shall have
an existing indebtedness and/or ecological liabilities, they shall be referred to the Executive
Committee for review and authorized by the Board of Regents when it is deemed in the
best interest of the University.
4. Seek such financial counsel as in its judgment will make possible the wisest investment of
the funds of the institution, but which will also be sensitive to the types of investments that
are appropriate for Southwestern Christian University.
5. The committee shall establish general operating guidelines for, and monitor closely the
performance of an investment or an investment manager.
6. The Investment Subcommittee shall report its actions, recommendations or findings to the
Standing Board Committee on Business and Finance semiannually.
Policy Revised: Fall 2014