The Noel Brooks Essay Contest encourages students (high school and older) to address the issue of merging vital faith with quality learning to more effectively impact the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Work must be original work written by the student
- Student must be currently enrolled in an Oklahoma school, college, or homeschool to qualify for any prize money.
- Work must exhibit logical and developed reasoning
- Must be previously unpublished (all rights will return to the writer after the contest, except as noted for winning work(s)
- Must be willing to be available to read/share the paper at the conference.
- Standard MLA format for pages and for citations
- Minimum 5 pages - no more than 15
- 12 point type
- Times New Roman or Tahoma fonts
- Last name and page number on each page
- Name, address, phone number, school, age/grade on upper left front page.
- No cover sheet needed.
Contest Deadline: February 1, 2013
Essay Contest -NBMC
Marilyn A. Hudson
P.O. Box 340
Bethany, Oklahoma 73072
1st Prize - The winner (or winners if multi classifications are used) will be asked to read their paper in a formal session of the Noel Brooks Memorial Conference on the campus of SCU ( North Hall, Conference Center). Their essay will be published online and/or in a collection of scholarly papers to be published as volume #1 of The Noel Brooks Memorial Series. [working series title; in process]