Southwestern Christian University seeks to provide educational experiences and professional training which emphasize the importance of Christian living. SCU believes that, since Jesus Christ is the center of the staff member’s life, the staff member commits himself/herself to a lifestyle which cultivates spiritual, ethical and physical growth. Each staff member is asked to agree to the following constructive guidelines and pledge to follow them:
1. The staff member will accept responsibility to follow University regulations as set forth in the Staff Handbook.
2. The staff member will attend all required chapel services and other University activities as required by the University administration. (Consideration will be given to difficulties incurred by part-time employees.)
3. The staff member will refrain from the use of profane language, tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and narcotics, and all forms of destructive conduct.
4. The staff member will abide by the campus dress code for staff which promotes respect for special campus activities.
5. The staff member will abide by municipal, state, and federal laws.
Source: Staff Handbook 2013, p21