The university has in the past assisted eligible faculty members through a tuition abatement program. Following a directive from the Board of Regents, this facility is no longer available effective May, 2010. SCU is committed to continue providing assistance to those who were approved prior to May 2010, within the following parameters:
1. The tuition abatement program continues to be subject to the availability of budgetary funds.
2. SCU agrees to pay tuition and fees for all courses with a grade of B or better.
3. The University agrees to employ the faculty member for the duration of his or her program as long as there are no professional, moral or contractual issues that make the faculty member ineligible as an employee or place him or her in contradiction with the Lifestyle Covenant. This program does not imply the conferring of tenure upon a faculty member.
4. Upon completion of the degree, the debt will be forgiven at the following rate:
25% after one year,
50% after two years,
75% after three years
100% after four years.
5. If the employee leaves before the four-year time frame is complete, he or she will be responsible for repaying the appropriate amount to the University.
Drafted on: Source: 2014-2015 Faculty Handbook, section 6.06.2