University Mission and Goals
Southwestern Christian University - Mission
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their work for Jesus Christ.
Southwestern Christian University - Vision
Providing a values-driven holistic Christian liberal arts educational experience designed to train, equip, and deploy servant-leaders throughout the world.
- To provide a higher educational experience at a price-point that brings it within the reach of a majority of students from various socio-economic groups
- To serve students with a demonstrated desire to succeed in life by Soaring High and Beyond, and willing to submit to a rigorous academic program and a campus life strategically designed to enable them to maximize their potential.
- To prepare students to become servant-leaders, and to become ambassadors of Southwestern Christian University wherever they go.
Southwestern Christian University – Motto
Scholarship – Spirit - Service
Scholarship - Scholarship at SWCU is pursued from the perspective of a Biblical-Christian worldview. The integration of faith, learning and living is central to every academic discipline and is led by dedicated faculty members who are committed to academic excellence, the elevation of critical thinking skills, and personal, spiritual and intellectual growth. SWCU is committed to:
- Holistic Christ-centered academic excellence
- Embracing change, diversity and emerging technologies to ensure relevance and the establishment of strategic and collaborative partnerships
- Research and inquiry in an assessment and data-dependent academic culture
- Being an organization centered on lifelong learning, social skills and servant leadership development
Spirit - SWCU is dedicated to cultivating a Spirit-led environment where students grow in their spiritual relationship with God and their interpersonal relationship with others. SWCU is committed to:
- Building a Christ-centered community
- Honoring its Pentecostal Holiness heritage Respecting diversity and various Christian backgrounds
- A campus culture where His Spirit and school spirit are prevalent and powerful
Service - SWCU is focused on serving both Christ and others. Through the development of servant-leadership SWCU empowers graduates for a life of learning, leadership and global impact. SWCU is committed to:
- Developing and modeling servant leadership
- Fostering an environment of relevant social and self-awareness
- Ethics, respect, and integrity Instilling the value of stewardship in all aspects of life