Application Process for International Students - Freshmen Status
Applicants who are not US residents or have legal alien (green card) status are considered international students.
Required Documentation for Admission:
1) A Completed Application for admission (completed in English)
2) English Language Requirements:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of a minimum of 57% of the total score for students from non English speaking countries.
- TOEFL 61 internet based test
- TOEFL 500 paper based test
3) Academic Requirements:
- Official High School transcript (transcripts must be translated professionally into the English language, prior to submission)
* College transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a similar service (at applicant's cost) for credits to transfer and for GPA to apply)
4) Financial Documentation:
5) Submit a copy of your passport identification page
6) Processing Fee:
- A processing fee of $200 MUST be paid to the Business Office at 1(405)789-7661 before I-20 package is issued.
Additional Documentation (NOT required for Admission):
- ACT composite score of 19
- SAT score of 900 (Critical Reading + Math)
- Recommendation letters
- Personal essays
The Statement of Educational Purpose Essay requirements can be found in the attachment.
International Student Statement of Purpose Essay.doc
*ACT/SAT scores may qualify applicants for academic scholarships.
*All documents should be submitted to International Student Liaison, Crystal Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCU will send an I-20 to the international applicant upon acceptance. Contact the University at 1(888)418-9272 or email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding your status.
Once you have been accepted and your I-20 form is ready; please follow the steps below to have your I-20 shipped!
How to Pay for I-20 form Mail Service Through eShipGlobal
"eShipGlobal" is an online service that allows students to easily pay for Express Mail with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards only). Do not request delivery through the FedEx or UPS websites. All Express Mail related communication will be handled by the eshipGlobal service. To pay for Express Mail delivery through eshipGlobal, follow these instructions:
- Go to: https://study.eshipglobal.com (link is external) (works best with Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox browsers).
- Click on "Sign up" under the Students section.
- Register for an account by completing the online form. Have the mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information ready.
- Make sure to select Southwestern Christian University "Office of Admissions- International Students"
- Please enter 12345 in the student ID field.
- Please pay close attention to the information submitted, any errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete mailing address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your I-20.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order number along with an explanation of what you are requesting.
- For any difficulties, use the “Help (link is external) ” link in the eShipGlobal site for step-by-step instructions. SCU International Office is unable to resolve technical problems associated with the eShipGlobal service.