Full-Time Staff - Student Accounts
Position: Student Accounts
Department: Business Office
Report to: Accounting Supervisor
Southwestern Christian University is seeking a candidate for the position of Student Accounts.
This individual will be responsible for assisting the Vice-President, Business and Finance, in the daily
student account(s) tasks of the University. S/he will be primarily responsible for managing student
account-related accounting tasks and various other Business Office tasks. This individual will
work closely with various SCU departments and outside vendors. All Business Office team
members assist with student billing in some capacity, including but not limited to answering
phone calls and e-mail inquiries, data entry and distribution of batches. The Business Office
provides quality service to its customers: (1) to students, in regards to their accounts and (2) to
employees and other stakeholders, in regards to accounts receivable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary contact for all student billing matters
- Make daily entries to student ledgers and accurately distribute large batches of data
- Adjust student bills according to SCU policy and federal regulations
- Make inquiries of students and other staff as needed
- Perform accounting tasks related to student billing, including but not limited to:
- Answer inquiries from students (primarily phone and e-mail)
- Data entry into academic software (CAMS)
- Draft student contracts and accept student payments
- Assist with registration and payment process
- Daily reconciliation of credit card and online payment batches
- Communicate and work closely with various departments on campus
- Create and update Accounts Receivable spreadsheets and reports
- Assist with oversight of work study duties. Perform these tasks in the case of his/her absence (process mail, prepare deposits, file, other supporting tasks).
- Cross-train in other areas of the Business Office (including student billing, cash receipts, accounts payable, and bank reconciliation) in the case of a team member’s absence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Team mindset with a willingness to assist other team members as needed
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate computer systems, credit card machine, and adding machine
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and respond to questions from business professionals, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to serve students, employees and other stakeholders while embodying the University’s core values of Scholarship, Spirit and Service.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities at one time and prioritize them based on urgency and importance
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines while maintaining accuracy of detailed information
- Willingness to maintain a positive attitude in a quick-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong commitment to accountability and to following all applicable regulations
- Strong commitment to confidentiality of information
- Willingness to learn and perform duties outside of the normal responsibilities and a strong commitment to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or other business-related college credit
- Two or more years of accounting, money-handling, and customer service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Training method: On-the-job training.
Evaluation method: University employees are evaluated annually by their supervisor.
Southwestern Christian University reserves the right to alter this position's job description/job duties to meet the needs and goals of the institution.
Applicants should submit the following materials (preferably electronically):
1. Online Application
3. Written statement of faith including the applicant’s salvation experience and
relationship with Christ.
Materials should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Rita Palmer, Chief of Staff & Employee Relations
Search: Accounting Technician
PO Box 340
Bethany, OK 73008
Mission: Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Accreditation and Affiliation: Southwestern Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and affiliated with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.
Southwestern Christian University is a Christian institution of higher education affiliated with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church. Southwestern Christian University complies with federal and state guidelines for non-discrimination in employment.