Vice-President For Business and Finance
Vice President of Business and Finance
The Vice President of Business and Finance (VPBF) serves as the Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO) for the University and reports directly to the President. The VPBF is a senior level administrative position responsible for managing the business and financial services of the institution. This position exists to be an enabler or supporter for other administrators and department heads, helping them determine how to accomplish their objectives and thereby providing a supportive foundation for organizational success. As the college’s CFO, this position provides collaborative financial management leadership for the college; ensures the short and long-term fiscal health of the college; oversees the business practices of the college; and supervises the preparation of the budget and ensures that the budget is linked to and supports the college’s strategic plans.
The CFO should have a passion for higher education, and for Southwestern Christian University and its mission. The CFO is expected to make a personal and departmental commitment to professional excellence, focusing on mission, trust, interpersonal skills, team building, and relationships. The CFO must find fulfillment in supporting and enabling strategic initiatives at the academic and business sides of the institution and help build consensus. The CFO must lead using best practices built upon adherence to the highest ethical standards and consistent with the precepts and virtues celebrated in the Christian tradition. This is key in all aspects of job performance, University interactions, and outside communications on behalf of the University.
The CFO should approach their work as a high-level financial thinker in support of the vision set by the President; supportive of the senior team, the institution, and the Board of Trustees. The CFO must be able to analyze micro and macro data to spot trends, creatively generating recommendations to the President and senior administration to accomplish strategic institutional goals. The CFO should be adept at identifying all relevant financial considerations in a given context to offer counsel and advice.
- Earned Master’s degree preferably in business, economics, or public administration.
- Should be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- A minimum of 8 years of senior level work experience in finance and accounting. Preference will be given to an applicant with experience in the not-for-profit or higher education sectors.
- Progressively responsible accounting, banking, or financial management experience, with demonstrated proficiency for financial analysis, cash flow management, debt strategy and restructuring, financial modeling, and long-term financial planning.
- Demonstrated record of innovation in business.
- Strong working knowledge of related State, Federal, and accreditation compliance regulations, and related policies and procedures.
Because we believe that professionally qualified, committed Christian personnel are key to the operation of a truly Christian university, all employees, by the pattern of their lives, serve as role models to our students. Therefore, the job descriptions for all employment positions at Southwestern Christian University reflect the following Biblical standards relating to required personal qualities:
- Employees will have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior, John 1:12.
- Employees will be in full agreement with the institution’s doctrinal statement.
- Employees will believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living, 2 Timothy 3:16,17
- Employees will be Christian role models in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for morality, sexual conduct, and avoidance of lifestyles that are deemed to be personally harmful. 1 Timothy 4:12; Luke 6:40; Col. 3:17; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:10 and 5:22.
- Employees will be regular participants in a local, evangelical church.
Applicants should submit the following materials (preferably electronically):
- Online Application https://swcu.edu/about/Human-resources/staff-employment-application-online-form
- Transcripts (unofficial acceptable)
- Written Statement of Faith including the applicant’s salvation experience and relationship with Christ.
Materials should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Southwestern Christian University is a Christian institution of higher education affiliated with the International Pentecostal Holiness Church. Southwestern Christian University complies with federal and state guidelines for non-discrimination in employment.