Video tutorials for Canvas are available on Youtube.
1. How do I access Canvas?
Once enrolled, you will receive an email with Canvas login information. If not, please Submit an SCU Canvas Ticket.
- To reset your Canvas password, follow these steps.
- From your laptop/desktop: swcu.instructure.com
- From your smartphone: download the Canvas Student App or Canvas Teacher App. Please select "SWCU" or type in "swcu.instructure.com"
- Canvas Browser and Computer Requirements - Please Read!
- The recommended web browser for Canvas is Google Chrome. Please make sure to use the latest version.
- If you cannot view content, try clearing your cache and cookies first. (This solves a lot of issues.) If you are not sure how to clear cookies and cache for your type of browser, most of the time a quick Google search will provide info. You may also reach out to IT at IT@swcu.edu.
2. Where do I begin in Canvas?
Below is information regarding the basic navigation of Canvas:
- User Settings and Profile Picture - Video
- Canvas Overview for Students - Video
- How do I edit my profile as a student?
- How do I edit my profile as a professor?
- How do I change my Canvas password?
- How do I set up notification preferences?
3. As a student, how do I submit assignments and access my grades?
4. As faculty, how do I create content?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I set due dates for assignments?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I use Speedgrader?
- How do I publish my course?
- How do I build a quiz?
5. Is there an app I can use?
- Canvas can also be accessed via the Student App and Teacher App. Please be aware that all assignments cannot and should not be completed via the app.
- After downloading the app, use the Find My School feature and enter "SWCU".
- Canvas Student App
- Canvas Teacher App
6. How do I get help?
- Password Reset
- Canvas Menu for Various Needs
- Canvas Support Hotline (Students) +1-844-871-3912
- Canvas Support Hotline (Faculty) +1-833-261-5322
- Chat with Canvas Support (Students)
- Chat with Canvas Support (Faculty)
- Submit a SCU Canvas Ticket