COLLECTION AND USE
SCU recognizes the privacy concerns of users of our website and the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from them.
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was submitted.
SCU has the following legal bases for processing your data:
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and activities, as well as process your donations
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
SCU does not sell, trade, or rent personally identifiable information to third parties. However, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, who may use your personal information to send email updates, complete payment processing, and meet other contractual obligations with SCU.
The disclosure of your personal information discussed above may involve the transfer of that information outside of the USA and across international borders. Every effort is made to make sure your data is transferred securely.
SCU complies with data protection regulations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
When submitting sensitive data like credit card information, we use secure server technology to protect the information. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts the information you input before you send it to us. Data is protected against unauthorized access, as indicated by the secure icon on your browser.
“Cookies” are files that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information about a user, but enable us to provide customized features to enhance your visit to the website. You may decline, disable, or delete the internet cookies while visiting our website by adjusting your browser settings. However, doing so may affect website functionality. We reserve the right to monitor traffic patterns and website usage.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted
- Comments containing profanity will be deleted
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading, or libelous language
- Comments that include requests for money
- Comments that attack an individual directly will be deleted
- Anonymous comments will be deleted. We only accept comments from posters who identify themselves
We reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to our website or social media without notice.