Financial Aid Process
- You must be accepted and enrolled at SCU in order to receive financial aid. Apply Online
- Fill out the FAFSA. You may begin submitting the FAFSA online as early as January 1 for the following school year. It is imperative that you complete the FAFSA as early as possible to receive the maximum financial aid! Remember to enter SWCU's school code on your FAFSA: 003180.
- Respond to all correspondence from the SCU Financial Aid Office. We will send correspondence once your FAFSA has been processed, either by mail or your SWCU e-mail account. We may need certain documents in order to process your award package.
- If you are selected for verification, your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education will inform you. You will need to complete a verification worksheet and provide copies of parent and student prior year tax returns and W-2’s.
- Review your financial aid award package. Upon receipt of all required documentation, a financial aid award package will be sent to you. Please review it carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. # Return your financial aid award package. Once you have completed your award package, please return originals to the Financial Aid office.
- Please be reminded that if you are a Dependent student (a student who does not meet the independent student qualifications) then you MUST have your parent sign your FAFSA and add their information. Both the Student and Parent need what is called an FSA ID and that ID must also be verified by the Social Security Administration. Please allow up to 72 hours for verification with the Social Security Administration. Failure for both parties to sign the application for student aid will result in an incomplete application and the inability of the university to package your awards.
*Southwestern Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, qualified handicap or disability in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, financial aid and educational services.