How to Find My Advisor
1. Log in to your Student Portal
2. Select the correct term
3. Select My Grades on the menu on the left side of the screen
4. Select Letter Grades OR Number Grades
5. Select Grade Type: Final Grades OR Midterm Grades OR Narrative Grades
6. Your advisor should be listed under Student Information
1. How do I access Canvas?
- The recommended web browser for Canvas is Google Chrome. Please make sure to use the latest version.
- Once enrolled, you will receive an email with Canvas login information. If not, please Submit a SCU Canvas Ticket.
2. Where do I begin in Canvas?
Below is information regarding basic navigation of Canvas:
- User Settings and Profile Picture - Video
- Canvas Overview for Students - Video
- How do I edit my profile as a student?
- How do I edit my profile as a professor?
- How do I change my Canvas password?
- How do I set up notification preferences?
3. As a student, how do I submit assignments and access my grades?
4. As faculty, how do I create content?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I set due dates for assignments?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I use Speedgrader?
- How do I publish my course?
5. Is there an app I can use?
- Canvas can also be accessed via the Student App and Teacher App. Please be aware that all assignments cannot and should not be completed via the app.
- After downloading the app, use the Find My School feature and enter "SWCU".
- Canvas Student App
- Canvas Teacher App
6. How do I get help?
- Password Reset
- Canvas Menu for Various Needs
- Canvas Support Hotline (Students) +1-844-871-3912
- Canvas Support Hotline (Faculty) +1-833-261-5322
- Chat with Canvas Support (Students)
- Chat with Canvas Support (Faculty)
- Submit a SCU Canvas Ticket